Camp Birchall New Hampshire
Daniel Webster Council
Camp Birchall was a 7.5-acre wilderness camp located in the town of Errol, NH. It was instituted as a camp where Scouts fifteen years or older could attend. The camp operated for two summers, 1938 and 1939, and was sold in September of 1940.
The camp, consisting of 7 1/2 acres on the shores of Lake Umbagog in Errol, New Hampshire was donated to the Council in 1939 by Katherine H. Girchall. In 1938, four staff and eleven scouts participated in a month-long program.
The camp, however, was short lived. In 1939 only three staff and nine scouts camped at Birchall. The next year, it was decided that the remote location proved too great a hardship for the camp's development and it was sold in 1940.