Tips For Online Meetings:
- Be In Uniform.
- Have an opening/closing (even if it's less formal than in person).
- Use the opportunity to get everyone current on their Cyberchip.
- Use apps like Kahoot! to create interactive and fun quizzes and Scout trivia games within
your virtual meeting.
- If you can do it at no health risk and have a good connection, take them on a “virtual tour”.
- Invite special guests to join you from anywhere in the country.
- Use virtual break out rooms for patrol meetings, giving them a clear task.
- Invite youth leaders to create video content, and to teach skills online as best they can be using the
EDGE teaching method.
- Give Scouts an opportunity to share what they have been working on with each other on-screen or on camera.
- Take a couple of minutes to go around the room and ask everyone “how are you doing”.
For a big unit, this can be done in a patrol breakout.
- Focus on badges that can be done at home, like the ones listed below under "Virtual Merit Badges".
- Give them a challenge to report on at the next meeting, like:
- Send a ‘thinking of you’ video or email to a local nursing home — or give them a call
- Help with grocery pick-up/delivery
- Send a thank-you message to a local hospital
- Contact your local food bank
- Call your loved ones
- Donate blood